Frequently Asked Questions
- I am currently a customer of Mason Chemical or Pilot Chemical, what will change with the announced acquisition?
a. Please order through your normal channels for the time being. We value your business and will not change our process until it has been properly integrated and tested. Please contact us for more information here.
- How do I go about placing a first time order with Pilot Chemical?
a. If you've been working with one of Pilot's Regional Sales Managers, you may contact him/her and they will fill out a First Order Information sheet with you. This will allow us to capture the details on your first order. If you do not know your Regional Sales Manager, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-70-PILOT.
- Is Pilot Chemical's Quality Management System certified?
a. Yes, Pilot's QMS is certified to ISO-9001:2015. Link to Certificate
- Are Pilot's products biodegradable?
a. The simple answer is: it depends. Biodegradability is a complex topic. In general, surfactants with linear side chains are considered biodegradable, while surfactants with branched side chains are not biodegradable. All of Pilot's Calfoam®, Calsoft®, Calamide®, CalBlend® and Calsuds® products are biodegradable. All of Pilot's Aristol®, Aristonic® Acid, and Aristonate® products are not biodegradable. Calfax® products are not considered biodegradable under the most recent and stringent requirements, but the linear Calfax® products are found to be biodegradable by some tests. Some of Pilot's Calimulse® products are biodegradable, but some are not. Consult the product MSDS for specific information.
- Does Pilot Chemical have an Environmental Management System (EMS)?
a. Pilot Chemical is a member of SOCMA (Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates). SOCMA has developed an EMS system called ChemStewardsSM. Pilot Chemical is participating at the Tier 2 level.
- Are Pilot's products listed on CleanGredients®?
a. Yes, Pilot is currently an approved supplier with CleanGredients®. Visit the CleanGredients® website at www.cleangredients.org to see the list of approved products.
- What is Pilot doing about the environment?
a. Pilot Chemical in its EHS mission statement clearly states that we are committed to continuously reducing the environmental impact from our operations. The first step in doing so was to begin a data collection effort to determine how we were impacting the environment through things like air emissions, natural resource usage, waste disposal, etc. Once completed, we are now assigning to our operating facilities key performance indicators (goals). The KPI's will be reassigned annually at lower and lower levels. This combined with policies regarding waste handling and disposal will continue to drive down our impact to the environment in the coming years. Click here for more information about how we care for our environment.
- Are Pilot's products kosher certified?
a. Yes, some of Pilot’s products are certified as kosher. Click Here for the Kosher Certificate of Pilot’s qualifying products. Click here to see the products we have added.
b. While some of Pilot’s products are not certified kosher, Pilot's products are made from feedstocks only of petrochemical or of vegetable origin. No animal-derived feedstocks, adjuvants, processing aids or any other components come into contact with our products. Click for detailed information.
- Are Pilot Chemical's products Allergen free?
a. please click here for more information.
- Are Pilot Chemical's products organic?
a. Yes, some of Pilot's products are certified as organic. Here is the certificate.
- Do Pilot Chemical's products contain BSE/TSE?
a. Please click here for more information.
- What is the shelf life of Pilot Chemical's products?
a. Pilot's products have different shelf life criteria, please Click here for more information.
- What is Pilot doing about REACH?
a. All of Pilot's products are pre-registered with the ECHA for REACH compliance.
- Are Pilot's manufacturing facilities EPA registered?
a. Yes, Pilot's Middletown, Ohio manufacturing facility is EPA registered.
- How do I reach my Customer Service Representative (CSR)?
a. Dial 800-70-Pilot, and choose the option for Customer Service.
- Who can I contact with questions about my order or delivery?
a. You may contact your Customer Service Rep at 800-70-Pilot.
- What is the Customer Service department's operating hours?
a. Customer Service Representatives can be reached by phone from 8am-5pm EST. For Houston and West Coast customers, your CSR can be reached from 9am-5pm EST.
- How can I place a sample order? What is the standard size, and is there a charge?
a. Samples may be ordered via the Pilot Chemical website. The standard sample size is 8 oz, and there is no associated charge.
- How do I sub-register a Pilot Chemical product?
a. Pilot Chemical has a sub-registration team that can help you complete the process. Click here for more information.
- Is Pilot Chemical Responsible Care® certified?
a. Yes, the following Pilot Chemical locations have received their Responsible Care® Certification: Sharonville, OH, Avenel, NJ, Houston, TX, Middletown, OH, Lockland, OH.