Pilot Chemical's proprietary technologies include alkylation, sulfonation, sulfation, amidization and a number of other specialty operations.
- Pilot Chemical's patented ice-cold sulfonation/sulfation technologies use an extremely low temperature reaction to produce the highest quality products in the marketplace. These proprietary technologies allow Pilot Chemical to produce environmentally friendly and economical products.
- State-of-the-art, continuous unit technology produces products with extremely low impurities and high actives.
- Sulfonation/sulfation capabilities extend to both oil and water soluble products; linear and branched alkylate derivatives of benzene, toluene, xylene and other aromatics. Pilot Chemical also sulfates alcohol and alcohol ethoxylates.
- Pilot Chemical manufactures both ammonium and sodium sulfonates/sulfates.
- Pilot Chemical is one of the only surfactant companies vertically integrated with alkylation capabilities.
- Alkylation capabilities extend to linear and branched alkylate derivatives of benzene, toluene, xylene and other aromatics.
- Pilot Chemical's alkylation process location offers flexibility, and is capable of producing both small and large alkylate volumes.
- Pilot Chemical manufactures 1:1 super amides, 2:1 free-amine amides, and back-titrated amides at multiple locations ensuring customer responsiveness and flexibility.
- Pilot's amides offer excellent foam and viscosity boosting properties, and excellent cleaning characteristics for industrial products.
- Custom Blending
- Vertically integrated in most blend components, Pilot Chemical is able to produce economical, and application/customer specific blends.
- Pilot Chemical uses numerous technologies and vast experience to develop unique product blends that achieve the highest performance/cost balance.
- Pilot Chemical has both small and large blending and processing capabilities.